HeavyConnect is The Digital Content Management Platform for the Agriculture Industry. Our mobile app provides mission-critical compliance documentation and recordkeeping for the world’s largest farming operations. We are based in California’s Monterey County, the “Salad Bowl of the World; home to John Steinbeck, Pebble Beach, and some of the largest brands in fresh produce.
Since 2015, HeavyConnect has been making headlines in both the Ag and Tech industry as a standout in two of the world’s premier startup accelerators (Techstars & 500 Startups) and has received various regional awards including the Monterey Bay Startup Challenge and the Salinas Valley AgTech Supporter of the Year.
The rapid industry-wide adoption of the HeavyConnect platform means we are growing fast. We are looking for people to join our team who are driven to improve the lives of our customers everyday and make a massively positive impact in the global food supply chain.
- You get s#!t done
- See # 1
- See # 1
- You handle rapid growth easily and take evolutionary changes to the business in stride everyday
- You thrive in a team environment (competitive sports, campaign manager, military, etc. ) and when it comes to accomplishment, you value team over self
- You are resourceful, learn quickly, adaptive, and always find a way forward
- You understand the importance of relationships and direct communication
- You are a professional and handle yourself accordingly
The Business Development Manager - Lead Gen Specialist is the foundation of the Sales & Marketing team and is responsible for sourcing and engaging prospective sales leads at the beginning of the customer journey. The Business Development Manager - Lead Gen Specialist develops an understanding of the customer’s needs, explores value and fit of the HeavyConnect platform with the customer, and guides the customer through the adoption and on-boarding process.
- Engage prospective customers through company marketing channels.
- Effectively communicate HeavyConnect’s value proposition.
- Demonstrate product mastery of the HeavyConnect platform.
- Keen ability to identify and engage Ideal Customer Personas at scale.
- Gather insights and develop understanding of prospect’s processes and operation.
- Identify product fit with prospective customer.
- Own the lead qualification process from unqualified lead to Sales Qualified Lead.
- Document all customer interaction in Salesforce.
- Perform in-person and remote product presentations for prospective customers.
- Efficiently navigate the sales process to ensure milestones and timelines are met.
- Consistently deliver on Marketing & Sales metric goals.
- Work with the Customer Success team to set customer deployment plan and milestones.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of inbound/outbound sales experience.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales methods (cold call, referral, account management).
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas.
- Demonstrated expertise in operational compliance (FSMA, OSHA, payroll & labor regulations).
- Tech proficiency: Salesforce, Office 365, GSuite, Slack, iOS & Android.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Strong ability to leverage resources to control multiple tasks and organizational responsibilities.
- Present professionally with exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with software training, world-class customer service, and account management.
- Spanish & English fluency desired.
Applicants will be emailed a link to a candidate screening questionnaire. Candidates will be invited to interview after successfully completing the screening questionnaire.
- Describe your experience with CRM tools.
- Describe your experience with inbound & outbound campaigns.
- Describe your success creating new sales opportunities for an organization.
- Describe your experience owning & achieving individual KPIs & OKRs.
- Are you prepared to discuss specific examples of past successes?
- Are you prepared to share past performance metrics to describe your ability to succeed within a sales team?
Company: HeavyConnect, Inc.
Location: Monterey County, California, USA
Compensation: The ideal candidate will receive an aggressively competitive salary with performance bonus and a full benefits package.
Inclusion: Come as you are. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. HeavyConnect is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, email Careers@HeavyConnect.com with the subject line “Business Development Representative - Lead Gen Specialist Application”. Please include your resume within the body of the email.